Choose Animal
Raccoons
Squirrels
Opossum
Skunks
Rats
Mice
Moles
Groundhog
Armadillos
Beaver
Fox
Coyote
Birds
Bats
Snakes
Others
Dead
Oregon Directory Of Nuisance Wildlife Control Professionals

Salem, OR

Ketch-Um Wildlife Control LLC
541-701-3467

Ketch-Um Wildlife Control LLC is a full-service wildlife control company serving Salem OR and the surrounding area. We specialize in urban and suburban wildlife damage management for both residential and commercial customers. We are state licensed by the Oregon Fish & Wildlife Commission. We handle nearly all aspects of wildlife control, and resolve conflicts between people and wildlife in a humane and professional manner. For Salem pest control of wildlife, just give us a call at 541-701-3467 - yes, we answer our phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - and we will discuss your wildlife problem and schedule an appointment to solve it. We look forward to hearing from you!

  • Scratching Noises in Your Attic?
  • Unwanted Wildlife on Property?
  • Problem Bird or Bat Infestation?
  • Digging Lawn or Under House?
  • We Can Solve It!
Many of Oregon's wild animals have learned to adapt and even thrive in our homes. For example some wildlife have found that attics make great places to live. Other animals find refuge under homes or porches. Invariably, these animals cause damage. Rodents, like squirrels and rats, love to chew on electrical wires once in an attic, and this causes a serious fire hazard. Raccoons can cause serious contamination in an attic with their droppings and parasites. Same goes for bat or bird colonies. We specialize in solving Oregon's wildlife problems, from snake removal to large jobs like commercial bat control, we do it all.

We do not handle dog or cat problems. If you need assistance with a domestic animal, such as a dog or a cat, you need to call your local Marion county animal services for assistance. They can help you out with issues such as stray dogs, stray cats, spay & neuter programs, vaccinations, licenses, pet adoption, bite reports, deceased pets, lost pets, local animal complaints and to report neglected or abused animals. There is no free Salem animal control for wildlife issues.

Marion County Animal Services or Humane Society: (503) 585-5900


Salem Wildlife Removal Tip: Are squirrel feces dangerous to touch or breathe? Yes. I know that's not the answer you wanted but that's the answer you've got. Squirrel feces are dangerous to touch and breathe because of two very nasty diseases - salmonella and leptospirosis. It's not just squirrels that spread these diseases, other wild animals are known to carry them around in their droppings too, bats and raccoons being just two of them. That's why you should always call in the help of a professional when you think you have a wild animal invasion. This isn't just a trap and release job, it's one that needs much more planning and action than that. Salmonella, just one of the conditions that can be passed onto humans via the droppings of a squirrel, is one that you definitely don't want. If a child touches that, or an adult for that matter, and then touches their mouth with their hands, salmonella bacteria can be ingested and symptoms are not pleasant - crippling abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, a very high fever All very unpleasant really. What makes things even worse is that the bacteria can lie 'dormant' for a long time. Even if the squirrel poop has been there for a long time, you still need to worry about the threat of disease.


Salem Animal News Clip: Mice will not be thirsty due to poison

It is believed by many that poison makes mice thirsty and this causes them to leave the house in search for water and die outside. This has been proven as a myth. It is true that there are different poisons manufactured to kill mice and some are more effective than others, but these poisons themselves do not drive mice outside in a frantic search for water.

These chemicals are anticoagulants and cause internal bleeding in mice and rats. Thirst does not result from these chemicals. If a mouse ingests poison, he will start feeling ill effects quickly and will probably search for a secluded place within the home rather than retreat outside. The mouse sees the house as a safe space and is unlikely to leave it in these circumstances.

Once a mouse has eaten the poison, it is hard to say where it will actually die, especially when its nest is inaccessible to humans. It could be in the attic or behind walls. When that happens, there will be an odor for a few days unless the carcass is found and removed. This is what some people think they can avoid by using poison. They hope that the mouse will leave the house looking for a water source and then they will not have to deal with the nasty aftereffects of the mouse carcass. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

An anticoagulant is a type of poison product similar to brodifacoum. This is a high level of poison that can be lethal with a small dosage. Mouse poison eliminates vitamin K from their body. This essential nutrient causes blood clotting. The animal will be torn apart from the inside and the body is unable to heal itself, thus causing the rodent to die of internal bleeding. The process may take up to 5 days because of the internal bleeding due to the lost of vitamin K. Except for perhaps some sluggishness, there are no obvious signs that the mouse has taken the poison.

There are other methods that can be used besides poison that will give you more control of where the animal will die, like snap traps.

© 2002-2017 Wildlife-Removal.com - site content, photos, & maintenance by Wildlife Removal Animal Control, all rights reserved.
Wildlife Directory    Contact Web Manager: info@wildlife-removal.com      Residential & Commercial      Licensed & Insured